From:
Linda Ostrow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Oct 2000 21:42:58 EDT

Hi friends -

I have a question that I haven't yet seen on this list.  I have ordered
already-baked bread from three different vendors and have received bread with
mold from all three.  Now granted, I live in the south but it hasn't been
that hot lately.  Has anyone experienced this?  With two orders, I simply
threw the bread with mold away.  With the third order, since it was nice
thick hamburger rolls, I cut off the moldy tops.  Then I ate one and I was
sick all day.  I called the vendor and he said that there were probably mold
spores in the bread that made me sick.  Now I'm hesitant to eat the bread
from the other two orders.  Even if there's no visible sign of mold, there
must be mold spores beginning to "fester".  What's up with this?  Needless to
say, I won't be ordering pre-made bread again.  I can't even bear to think
about it because I was so sick.

Many, many of you have RAVED about these products on this listserv.  I am
very disappointed.  I was in Spain this summer and was able to buy DELICIOUS
bread packaged as bread is in the US.  No fancy vacuum packaging, etc.  I
wasn't careful about refrigeration, etc, just carried it around as I
traveled.  A few days before we left Spain, I bought some to bring
back....and I had ABSOLUTELY no problems.  I froze it when I got back home
and continued to enjoy it for about a month.  What do the Spanish know that
we don't?  I am EXTREMELY disappointed in all this.  I just threw away $21
worth of bread and will probably toss the rest.  About $60 worth of food.

Unless you have something constructive (nice) to say, please don't bother to
respond.

Regards,

Linda in Savannah, GA

PS - I LOVE living in the South!!!