Date:
Fri, 30 Apr 1999 06:16:54 -0400

Hello fellow listmembers,

We've talked numerous times about how genetically engineered foods could
cause problems for celiacs since genes from (say) wheat could be spliced
into rice, etc. and we may never know it.

Personally, I'm not in favor of genetically engineered food as we just
don't know enough about its long term effects on people and other living
things - and I'd rather not be part of the experiment, thanks.

I heard yesterday that due to British public outcry, Nestle is removing
all genetically modified food from their product lines in the UK.
It seems to me that we should express similar concern to Nestle here in
the USA, and request that they do the same thing here.

I found their web site, www.nestle.com.  You can pick a 'questions and
comments' button from their home page and send them an email.
If enough of us make a fuss, hopefully we can get a similar ban here.

Thanks,
Nathan Justus

I am not affiliated with Nestle or any other food company.
I am just concerned that GM foods will make my wife and I sick over
the short and / or long term.