From:
FRAN KNITS <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
FRAN KNITS <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Jul 2003 20:31:09 -0700

Hi all,

thank you so much for the quick and friendly advice on malt. I now have it down pat that malt is made from barley and therefore a no go!

I was able to google malt and celiac and found much information available this way too.

But to find an answer about miso soup being gf is a bit more difficult so I am asking this group to help me with this.

I find I eat a lot of sushi and the restaurants give miso soup and salad along with the sushi and now I am wondering about the miso.

Has anyone heard of tempura flakes??? they put it in the spicy salmon and could not explain what it is made of. So they left it out for me.

Unfortunately the last 3 times I ate sushi I forgot to bring my wheat free soy sauce!!! I thought of leaving it in the car but wonder about the heat factor on the soy sauce now that it is summer!

We ate at Outback tonight and asked for the GF menu. the hostess had no idea and called the manager who did find it somewhere. It was very helpful. I was surprised to find that there fries are not GF.

regards to all,
fran