Date:
Tue, 25 Jul 2006 22:48:28 -0400

There are several lists online.  Here's a site that is pretty good. www.madwomanfoods.com. he New Glucose Revolution book is also good.    I usually have to check several lists before I find the gyclemic index for each ingredient and then compute the glycemic load for a product based on the GI and carbs contained in each serving.  It's not difficult after you get the hang of it.  We specifically use ingredients that have a low glycemic index like almond meal with a GI of zero.

--------------------------
website that might be helpful:
http://glutenfreeindy.com/symptoms/diabetes.htm
-----------------------------

This site will give you values for ingredients and finished products.
Join and go to foods section for values of food you want to find out about.
They have values for white and brown rice flour.

http://www.fitday.com/
Check out the www.therubyrange.com site.  Mesquite flour helps balance blood sugar
A couple of resources...Online at http://www.nal.usda.gov/fnic/foodcomp/search/
This isn't specific for g.f. but does have a lot of things.  I think this book
Gluten-Free Diet: A Comprehensive Resource Guide by Shelley Case (Paperback - April 2002) probably has the information you need.  Your library may have a copy.
It's much like a commercial g.f. product list...You aren't going to need all the products.  If you've been g.f. for a while, you probably have found brands you like & you take info from the label.

You many find it easier to purchase read-made items than to add up carbs in recipes you make. Some of the newer g.f. cookbooks also have nutritional values.
Carol Fenster's books are more likely to have nutritional information.  I'd check out Gluten Free 101  http://www.savorypalate.com/

In working w/ my friend, it seems that traditional diabetic cookbooks are of little value for those w/ Type 2 diabetes. While recipes have less carbs have regular recipes, total carbs are still more than Type 2s are allowed since they can't increase insulin w/ shots to cover them....