Date:
Thu, 28 Jun 2007 18:32:57 EDT

We just returned from your Victoria/Vancouver trip and I wanted to pass on
all the wonderful restaurants and bakeries I was recommended as well as
discovered while there. I'm still full from your trip.

Victoria, BC

The Dutch Bakery & Coffee Shop 718 Fort Street, Victoria, BC  250-385-1012
_http://www.goforlunch.com/dutchbakery/index.htm_
(http://www.goforlunch.com/dutchbakery/index.htm)   > They don't mention it on their website but, their
"fancy cookies" include a  large amount of gf ones. They are not labeled as such
on the shelf but the help  will immediately know what you want. They are
wonderful!!!!!

Rheihland Bakery 730 Fort Street(just a few stores down from Dutch)
Has gluten free muffins, cookies and breads (usually frozen)

The Joint Pizzeria and Deli 1219 Wharf Street, Victoria British Columbia,
250.389.2226 >Great gf pizza. The even have it printed on their front  window.

Re-Bar  50 Bastion Square  Is very gluten free friendly.  They even have it
listed on their menu what is wheat/gluten free  as well as dairy free.

Nautical Nellies  1001 Wharf Street  Assortment of  items. They were very
accommodating.

Milestone's Grill  812 Wharf Street.(All over Canada. Some in  Vancouver too)
 Will work with the chef.

Cactus Club Cafe 1125 Douglas Street (All over Canada. Some in  Vancouver
too) Some have GF menus printed. If not they have an allergy  book to look at.

Pescatories  Fish restaurant right across from Empress was also  recommended.

The Empress Hotel restaurants are also very Celiac Friendly.

Another tip:check out this website:   http://www.penny.ca/BC.htm#victoria -
GF Travel - British Columbia.Under the  Victoria listing the only restaurant
we've tried so far is
Blighty's  Bistro.  It's great.  I've heard that San Remo is good as well

Markets in Victoria:
Thrifty Foods on the Island has a selection of GF items.
Lifestyles Markets on Douglas Street has an excellent selection of GF food
and sometimes has locally produced GF pizza from The Olive Grove  Restaurant...

Vancouver:

Mountain Top Cafe and Bakery 103-1124 Lonsdale Avenue. North Vancouver.
Their phone number is: 604-960-9605 They sell fresh made rice bread, rice
muffins, rice pies and lot of desserts made of rice flour. They also provide  gluten
free breakfast/lunch eggs/toast, soup, panini and different kinds of
sandwiches made by themself. Very very good.

Panne Rizo: bakery . deli . café   Breads, Muffins, cookies  & other desserts
plus they make sandwiches and soups to eat in or take out.  Very good!!!
1939 Cornwall Avenue . Vancouver . BC . Canada

Choices Rice Bakery has a little dessert cafe.  It's on 16th  avenue

True Confections makes amazing cheesecakes - all wheat free except the
tiramisu.  You might double check when you go in, I have a corn allergy so  I have
to be extra careful with some of the syrups.  True Confections has  three or
four locations in Vancouver - one on 10th, one downtown on Denman and  one in
North Vancouver

Restaurants:
Pan Pacific Hotel
Milestones (all over)
Cactus Club Cafe (all over)
White Spot (all over) protein wrap burgers.

Thanks again for all the wonderful recommendations! I can't wait to go  back.
Happy travels those of you who are heading there in the near future.

Sara in Oregon