From:
Joan K. Davitt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Jul 2000 12:59:54 -0400

Dear List,

Just to add to Lauren's summary about spring rolls. I just made a batch of
spring rolls this weekend, wile vacationing with some very understanding
friends. I sauteed a bit of onions, garlic, red peppers, mushrooms and
cabbage in GF soy sauce (sesame or peanut oil would be great) but we used
veg. oil. This was the filling for the rolls. Then after soaking wrap a
small portion in each roll and I fried them in a frying pan (not a deep
fryer) turning to crisp all sides. Drain on paper or paper towels. I served
them with a GF hoisin sauce. They were delicious. You could also steam them
in a bamboo steamer (like dim sum). NB. they can be quite sticky so make
sure they don;t touch each other in the frying pan or steamer or they will
pull apart. Bon apetit.
joan

joan
Ardmore, PA