From:
Sidona Ryan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Jul 1999 10:44:44 -0700

Since posting the Cold Stone Creamery information, I've had a lot of
request for the bread that she wrote about.  Below is her reply:

Yes, no gluten all locations of Cold Stone Creamerys.
Bread info.     Mystic Lake Dairy
                24200 NE 14th St.
                Redmond, WA 98053
                Phone 425-868-2029
                Fax     425-868-0553

Code # on bread is 355-31, Mystic Lake Wheat-Free / Gluten Free Brown Rice
Bread

Don't get the yeast free, it's not very good.

Best way to eat this bread is to toast it.  It will take twice as long as
regular bread to toast.  You may ask Mystic Lake if there are any stores in S.
CA that carry this product.  I do know a distribution system for health food
stores by the name of Peoples Choice stock it for the California area health
food stores.

I am curious if you can give me further information on the Sylvan Farms mix.
This mix is gluten free?

Thanks, Janet

I would also add the bread I like to use and how I make it.  It has
Quinoa and Amaranth, so if people are sensitive to this, then it's not
for them.  It is gluten-free.

I use Sylvan Border Farm Bread Mix.  The 800 number for Sylvan Border Farm is
800/297-5399.  I order 6 packages at a time, which comes out to $4.00 and
something a package.  I prefer to make the dough in the bread machine and then I
put half of it in an hamburger bun pan and the other half on a cookie sheet in
english muffin rings.  Before I put the dough in the pans, I turn the oven on
warm for only 5 minutes, then I turn it off.  I sprinkle sesame seeds or flax
seeds on top of the buns and put in oven for about an hour to rise again.  This
makes them fluffier.  Then I take them out, preheat the oven on 350 and bake the
pans separately for about 10 minutes.  After they cool down, I slice them and
put them in a freezer bag and freeze them.  I take them out as I need them.
Split them and spritz them with a water sprayer (just a little).  I microwave
them for 30 seconds and then they're perfect for a sandwich.  I also use the
halves (especially the ones that come from the rings) for toast.  When using
them for toast, I don't microwave them.

One other note.  This isn't a must, but I usually use 1/2 water and 1/2 milk
where it calls for 1 cup of water.  I also add just a little extra oil.  Of all
the breads I've used, this is my favorite and it's my favorite way of making it.
I do know of some people that don't freeze them, they just keep them in the
fridge or or in a bread box.  It depends on how often you eat the bread.  I find
that it gets too sticky if you do that.

I like this bread and it taste good.  Sidona/San Diego

PS:  Our local store is finally selling Sylvan Border Farm Bread Mix.
(At a higher price, but it least it's readily available.  I will
continue buying direct)