From:
Beth Hillson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Beth Hillson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Feb 2007 11:27:04 -0500

Dear Listserve Members:

The ACDA is now accepting applications for new members.  The criteria for
membership, along with an application, are available on our website at
www.americanceliac.org/members.htm

The ACDA is unique.  We represent the interests and concerns of a range of
organizations and entities.   The issues we address cannot be resolved by
support groups, or food manufacturers, working alone.  They are issues which
require unity, to demonstrate the ever growing strength of our community.
This strength was evident in the effort which led to the passage of the Food
Allergen Labeling and Consumer Protection Act.   The FDA was required to
develop its proposal on gf-labeling because of FALCPA.

At this time, the ACDA is not open to individuals, rather to the
organizations that represent them.   There are many ways in which individual
celiacs can be heard including voicing your position on the FDA legislation.
We have, also created an online advocacy site (www.capwiz.com/celiac )  to
ensure individual celiacs are able to share their views and opinions on
issues with Members of Congress.    Please take advantage of these
opportunities to be heard.

Beth Hillson
President
American Celiac Disease Alliance