From:
Sidona Ryan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Feb 1999 14:03:17 -0800

Recently I wrote to Ben & Jerry's for a list of their gluten-free ice
cream.  They wrote me back today and I'm sending all of you a copy.

First my question to them:

Do you have a list of any "gluten-free" ice cream that you have?  It
would be greatly appreciated.

Sidona Ryan/San Diego, CA

SUMMARY:  Gluten-free
SUGGESTED SOLUTION:
At 2/22/99 1:16 PM we wrote - To the best of our knowledge, all of
our flavors are gluten-free with the exception of those containing
baked goods, cookie dough, etc.  However, we cannot guarantee that
because of the large number of suppliers with whom we deal, each of
whom in turn deals with other suppliers.  Knowing the seriousness of
gluten sensitivity, we are using strict criteria for determining
what flavors are safe.  At the present time, only our World's
Best(tm) Vanilla ice cream and Doonesberry(r) sorbet meet those
criteria.

If you would like to be in our database to receive updated
information as it becomes available, please write to us at:  Ben &
Jerry's, 30 Community Drive, South Burlington, Vermont 05403-6828.