From:
Frances Kelley <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Frances Kelley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 Jul 2006 19:34:39 -0500

The next meeting of Alamo Celiac, GIGŪ in Austin
is scheduled for Wednesday July 19, 2006 at 7
p.m.  The meeting will be held at the Cambridge
Towers, 1801 Lavaca.  Parking is available on the
street and is free in the State lots and Bob Bullock Museum after 6 p.m.

This meeting is our annual pot luck dinner.  This
is a fun event for celiacs of all ages.  Please
bring a gluten free dish to share.  It is
important that included with each dish is a
listing of ingredients.  Some of our members need
to avoid more than just gluten.  If the recipe is
either original or has been changed at least 3
times, please bring the recipe.  We can publish
these recipes in the recipe exchange section of our monthly newsletter.

In addition to the dinner we will have
presentations and samples from two local
vendors.  Shannon Whitney, from Healthy
Spoonfuls, will provide a presentation relevant
to the nutritional needs of celiacs, along with
an explanation of Healthy Spoonful's
investigation of and decision for getting into
the gluten-free market.   Shannon is a registered
and licensed dietician with several years of
experience in the restaurant field.  Samples of
some of the Healthy Spoonfuls entrees will be provided.

Also, Lauren Jordan of Capitol City Soups, will
be providing free samples of her gluten-free
soups.  Lauren is not sure at this point if she
will be able to come to the meeting, however she
will definitely be providing samples.

Dru Edrington will bring a case of Ramapo beer
for those who wish to take home a sample.

  If you have any questions, please contact
Francie Kelley at [log in to unmask] or
(512) 301-2224.  We hope to see you at the meeting.