From:
Barbara Jean Kuehl <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Jul 1995 16:22:08 -0500

There should be no problem with wine vinegar or apple cider vinegar or
any other vinegar provided it is NOT made from (or diluted with) grain
based vinegar which is more commonly known as white or distilled vinegar.
The problem is that many commercial companies dilute their wine and
cider vinegars with white vinegar because it is cheaper.  The safest
route that I have found is to make my vinegar (from apples) at home,
and then use my homemade vinegar to make flavored vinegars.