From:
Pam Lambert <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Jul 1995 10:34:22 -0600

Re:  Ordering Enchiladas in Restaurants.  I live in Albuquerque, New
Mexico, where every other restaurant is Mexican/New Mexican.  These
restaurants provide a choice of "red" or "green" for the chile sauce on
enchiladas.  At every restaurant in town I've been to the red sauce is
thickened with wheat flour.  At only one restaurant is there a green
sauce I can eat, only because it is literally green chiles diced and
dumped on the food.  All the other green sauces are thickened with wheat
flour.  From this experience I would say it is unwise to order
enchiladas without inquiring about the sauce.  I usually get tacos
with salsa.

Pam