From:
William Elkus <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Jun 1995 15:10:47 GMT

It has previously been discussed on our list that a far higher proportion of
those with CD develop juvenile diabetes compared with the general population.
 There is now a free NIH-sponsored diabetes screening trial going on.  If you
live in America and have a first or second degree relative with juvenile
diabetes, you can be tested for free by calling (800) 425-8361.

The purpose of the test is to determine if those without diabetes (but with
certain blood antibodies indicating that diabetes is likely to develop) can
delay or avoid diabetes through very small doses of insulin.  The following
press release discusses early results of this study

Bill Elkus
Los Angeles, CA