From:
Jeanne Barkemeijer de Wit <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Feb 1999 06:49:36 -0800

I've been on Prozac for about five years.  I've only been following a GF diet
for the last six months or so.  Last month Prozac started making me feel sort
of hyper (it usually makes me feel sort of sleepy) and my doctor is trying me
on a smaller liquid dosage.  It's really strange, as I already take the
lowest dose available in capsule form (10mg a day).  I'm super sensitive to
any sort of medications and need to take children's doses of whatever
medication I take.  I'm so sensitive to epinephrine (a naturally occurring
substance in the body) I can't take regular injections when I have dental
treatment, as they contain epinephrine.  Within seconds my heart rate goes up
to 160 or higher and stays there for hours.  Which goes against conventional
medical guidelines, as I'm also overweight, and medication dosages tend to be
prescribed according to a patient's weight and height.  It's also really
really spooky for me, as I never quite know how my body will react to a new
medication.

Has anyone else noticed a change in the way their bodies process medications
AFTER they've been GF for any length of time?  (e.g.  - that they seem to
need less of things) Could it be that I now need less Prozac because I've
been following a GF diet?  Does anyone else out there also suffer from hyper
sensitivity to medications and food additives, etc?  I was wondering if my
extreme sensitivity chemicals, medications and food additives could somehow
be related to celiac.

Jeanne Barkemeijer de Wit

Anaheim, CA