From:
Helen Aqua <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Dec 1998 19:53:43 -0400

Dear Listmates,

I thought I would post this to the list in order to bring us back to a
place of camaraderie in our shared interest of living our lives having
celiac disease.

I like to point our that this list consists of many of our needs:
- newly diagnosed celiacs,
- celiacs in the hinterland with no other connections
- requests for medical referrals or info
- requests for travelling referrals or info
- celiacs who wish to exchange manufactured food info
- celiacs who wish to share recipes & cooking tips
- celiacs who need support from the rest of the group during tough times
- celiacs who are brainstorming (via this medium) ways to ensure
manufacturers, doctors, pharmacists, dieticians, food preparers, etc.
understand and assist us to be able to safely choose foods and medicines.

We are a diverse group of people brought together because of celiac.
Sometimes the "conversation" on this list heats up, but I do not agree that
anyone is or has ever degraded any of the others.

A lot of the time we are "brainstorming" and I for one am hoping the
brainstorming will lead to positive action. None of us know what will come
out of it, but it is perking away!

Other than having celiac disease, we are none-the-less a normal group of
people with varying degrees of likes and dislikes. All of us have a delete
key and if we don't wish to read something after viewing the subject line
or a few words into the message, into the trash it goes!

We're coming into a very stressful season with holidays, etc. I hope we can
keep our spirits generous and wish each other safe foods while we enjoy our
friends and families.

Helen in Vancouver