From:
Lynn Rainwater <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lynn Rainwater <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 10 Nov 2002 17:38:35 -0600

I have read through the draft article on lectins posted by cillakat to
this list today

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

and noted a couple of things that struck me as problems (not addressing
the validity of the overall information provided about some persons
being sensitive to certain lectins). They were:

1. In the listing provided of grains to be avoided by celiacs because
they contain gluten, buckwheat was included along with those that
actually do contain gluten.

2. The specific carbohydrate diet's false claims that it "cures" celiac
disease were presented as fact.

It's difficult to evaluate the rest of the article when such obvious
problems are immediately apparent.

Lynn Rainwater
alamoceliac.org