Date:
Mon, 9 Feb 1998 10:20:19 -0500

Thank you to the 14 or so of you who responded so strongly to my post
about second hand smoke and a new job.   The first 5 answers were all
negative to my taking the job, stating my lungs were more of a concern,
and more than a few questioning the legality of allowing the smoking in
the first place.   ( I don't know about the legalities of it all, but I
am sure if I questioned it BEFORE even being hired....  I wouldn't be
worrying, as they would have shown me the door).    I need a job more
than I need legal  hassles..   I have not worked outside my home in 20
years....chances like this are rare.  I cannot afford to wait another 20
years for this chance.

The best ideas seem to come in the last 9 post....  basically they all
said TAKE THE JOB, get the experience, get the background..etc...and if
I can't tolerate the smoke THEN leave...slightly more learned than when
I arrived.   They said I should at least get my foot in the door, and
make myself valuable before pushing the legalities of their smoking in
their own offices...  Makes plenty of sense to me!!..    I did accept
the job and start next Monday..  I'll let you all know how it goes.
BTW...I also had about 4 responses form CELIAC SMOKERS, who claim the
smoking has never had an effect on their celiac....   Anyone who has
more questions or comments, please feel free to Email me...   :-)

rana