From:
Larry Winger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 Apr 1999 21:52:26 +0200

Hi

I've just subscribed to get information for an enquirer to my own list,
F-HYPDRR (Familial Hypophosphatemia or Vitamin D Resistant Rickets).   A
year or so ago somebody subscribing to CELIAC contacted me about
hypophosphatemia problems resulting from CD.  I'd hoped to be able to help
her out, but professional advice lead us to seek rather to concentrate on
our own specific problem in our list (a genetic disorder related to a
particular hormone that processes phosphate).  Over the years I've had
several enquiries about hypophosphatemia associated with GI problems, and
to each I've suggested that I could help set up a separate mailing list.
To my knowledge as I write, I don't think anything has ever been created to
deal supportively  with GI-associated phosphate loss, but I might be
mistaken, and some of my correspondents may have found a useful mailing
list service provider . . . nothing on Catalist however, and my mail file
dealing with these few souls has long since been overwhelmed with other
business.

A quick check of  the CELIAC archives suggests that my correspondent is the
only one who has ever raised this issue in the CELIAC list, but does
anybody have any new directions in which I could point my enquirer, who
does seriously need some help, please?

Many thanks

Larry Winger

Larry (Y) Winger, with Carrie (X)
     Breanna (X15) and Ben (Y11)
Vitamin D Metabolism and Rickets Web Site
http://georgia.ncl.ac.uk/vitaminD/VitaminD.html