From:
Janet Kline <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Janet Kline <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Jul 2009 19:43:17 -0400

Hi Everyone,

Some of you may already know this but there are quite a few of us in
Charlotte that were surprised to learn that P.F. Changs & Pei Wei adds flour to
their white rice.  I confirmed this fact with the manager at one of our locations
(after one of our members informed us) and it is true for all locations across
the USA.  I examined the P.F. Chang Gluten-Free menu and, interestingly, they
do not even mention rice (white or brown).  The manager told me that the
brown rice is gluten-free.  We definitely need P.F. Changs to update their
menu to indicate which rice is gluten-free to prevent mistakes by misinformed
servers or by us making wrong assumptions.

So, NO WHITE RICE!

Of course, while I was there, I had to get a carryout order.  They added the
fried rice to the GF menu and it is excellent (also, a huge portion for just
$7.50)!

Warm Regards, Janet

Janet Kline, President & Founder
The Charlotte Celiac Connection