Date:
Fri, 5 Mar 2010 18:20:02 +0000

Hi List:
Indicative of how prevalent this symptom is I received several additional replies after the first summary.
One remarked, very much to the point: "I do hope that doctors who are involved in caring for patients with celiac disease are reading this list, or have a secretary who is checking for new
information from patients, as one learns more than most doctors know from this LIST."
I am pretty sure that will never happen but we can report to our MD's what we learn from others who share some of the symptoms we experience. They do pay better attention when a virtual group comes to call, rather than a single patient.
Nancy Garniez
Some replies, summarized:
"one more vote." recounts that MD's do not accept the connection. Some physical therapists know better how to help than others. diagnosed by three different MDs with Fibromyalgia... muscles start contracting starting from the neck up through the hips and legs about 30 minutes after having eaten gluten.
 Dr Karl Pheiffer had recommended Cardiovascular Research Ltd.
Magnesium Solution -18% 8 fl oz
Concord CA 94518
925/827-2636

Check out the diets in Live RIght for Your Type & The Genome Diet by Dr D`Adamo.
...a suggestion for the person who has trouble with sugars. For many years I could not tolerate
sugars, but eventually found that PURE maple syrup was safe, and ... I used maple sugars in cooking. ... also check on date sugar. There is also a difference between sugar made from sugar cane
and sugar made from sugar beets. Finding out what sugar is made from is
sometimes difficult. Most sugar in Poland is made from sugar beets.
Foreign food stores and health food stores should know the sources.
One person had not previously made the connection. Suggests sucking on a magnesium tablet.
Another points out low potassium levels: orange juice and bananas for that.
Check on Vitamin D levels: this can affect bones and muscles and cause loss of muscle mass
About taking a Lactaid tablet for muscle cramps at night: Apparently the lactaid pill breaks up the lactic acid in your muscles, which is why you have the muscle cramps. ... I was told to *very slowly* sip room temp water after exercizing to discourage lactic acid formation. Also, never eat dairy just before or after exercising.