From:
Victor Dolcourt <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Victor Dolcourt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Mar 2013 12:10:02 -0700

Dear List Mates,

The non-availability of Pita out here on the left coast is a problem if you
like falafel as much as I do. But after a number of experiments I now have
a workable, but not quite beautiful, Middle Eastern style pita loaf that is
nutritious, tastes good and holds together well. And it is fun to make it
in the barbeque. Why the barbeque? We're reluctant to make our oven go to
500 degrees. (Yes, I know it is a self-cleaning oven and it probably gets
even hotter than that.)

Here is where to find pita: http://bit.ly/GF_Bake (equivalent to
http://home.comcast.net/~vhdolcourt/gfbaking/ ). When you get to the
website scroll down to the "Rolls and small breads" section. The listing
for pita is about 2/3s of way down.

Please let me know if you have questions.

Vic - Sunnyvale, Ca
What is happening in Northern California?
Find out at www.celiaccommunity.org - Celiac Community Foundation of
Northern California

*******
*******