From:
Cecilia McNeil <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Cecilia McNeil <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 24 Feb 2007 20:54:48 -0600

My Original Post on 02/21/07 Was:

There is a company out there selling bread from this bakery.  I was told
it was Gluten Free made from Millet.  ........Now this statement is on
the website of the company who is selling the bread.

"These products are produced using spelt flour (an ancient grain).
Spelt flour is known to be well tolerated by persons suffering from
celiac condition and others with sensitivity to wheat and/or gluten.  It
is always best to consult with your doctor regarding the consumption of
spelt flour."

This was not disclosed when I ordered bread.  I was told the disclaimer
on the label was because of Florida Law which I thought was kind of
strange. Since it said Contains: Wheat & yeast.  The sellers of this
product said Florida Law required any products produced in the same
facility as wheat products had to say that.  DeLand Bakery is not the
seller I purchased from.  Buyer be Ware!  Don't do as I have. I was
wondering why I was having some minor problems.  I chalked it up to my
crohns.  But no matter what anyone has told you SPELT IS WHEAT.  The
seller is calling this Gluten Free Bread.

Cecilia, TX

The following statements came from the Delphi forums archives and the Celiac Listserve. I have left off the contact information of the posters because I did not ask for permission to use their words please be advised this is a compilation of posts from many people and the date the post was made is above each one.  I want to thank all of you who have helped me get this information especially Mirelle who sent me all the links to previous posts on the Celiac Delphi Forum.  If you do not know about the Delphi Forum you can access it by going to http://www.delphiforums.com/celiac/start and sign up to read and participate in this great resource as well as this Listserve.

After speaking on the phone with the vendor I purchased from I believe they too were misled and did not intentionally sell this bread knowing there was a problem.  I will not be purchasing or recommending this bread to anyone.  DeLand Bakery has not responded although I tried to contact them about this problem.  If anyone has questions about a specific post I will contact the poster if possible and ask if I can give their information out.

Cecilia, TX

*******
*******