From:
Debra Matthies <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Debra Matthies <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Feb 2005 22:58:58 -0500

I have found this board very helpful and informative. However I have a
problem I haven't seen dealt with in awhile. I am coming upon a year this
March being diagnosed with celiac after years and years of suffering.
However I still have set backs, still accidentally ingest wheat, Carmel
coloring, etc when I think I'm being careful etc. Its quite embarrassing to
throw up like crazy at work and everyone knows it. At least my co-workers
seem to understand what I am dealing with. But I am so depressed these
days. I am so sick of salads, which are the safest thing to eat. I never
was a big desert eater so not eating anything baked is no big deal. I'm
tired of feeling left out, tired of hurting, tired of having such a bloated
stomach even when I eat very little. I skip a lot of meals rather than risk
getting sick. I'm tired of living like this. Has anyone else reached the
point of just quitting? Some days I feel I would be better off dead than
live like this. Why did this happen to me? I'm tired of crying because I
hurt. I'm only 47 and feel like I'm 87. My daughter and husband are helpful
and watch out for me too, but I'm still sick of being sick. I'm sick of
looking pregnant when I'm not. I substitute coffee for most of my meals
because not only do I like coffee but a whole pot lasts me all day at
work,  and I can avoid eating. Please can someone tell me that other people
who have celiac have low moments like me?