From:
Jessica L Denhez <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jessica L Denhez <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Aug 2013 20:31:19 -0700

Thank you all so much for your great advice for dining/grocery shopping GF in France. I have summarized below, but since we are heading out tomorrow, I will email the group in a few weeks with any other new places we discover. Thanks again!  Jessica (Seattle)

The name of the store is Glutagene http://glutagene.net/ It is closed for
vacation, but will reopen Aug. 19th.

The name of a restaurant is Au Petit Sud Ouest
http://www.aupetitsudouest.com/index.html

Another store is Chez Naturalia http://naturalia.fr

http://www.glutenfreemom.com/Paris-Travel-Gluten-Free.html

http://www.coeliac.org.uk/gluten-free-diet-lifestyle/eating-out-and-travel/travel-and-holidays/travel-information-and-translations

http://www.celiacchicks.com/uncategorized/gluten-free-france-without-fear.html

I am currently visiting in Paris and discovered a "natural foods" store that does carry some GF breads, cookies, etc. -- The name is Naturalia (you can google it) - there are several locations in Paris and elsewhere. They also had fresh;y baked bread, which I was delighted to learn. In terms of eating out, I just try to stick with "safe" foods - salads, fruit, plain meat, etc. and rented a flat so that I can do a lot of my own cooking.
I haven't been to those areas, but I had no problems at all in Paris, two different times.  I did take my own pastries for breakfast from home and just added fruit and cheeses, but otherwise lunches and dinners were no  problem with the restaurant cards to show the servers.

My celiac daughter just returned from studying abroad
in Paris in June.  We had been in Paris as a family three years ago and also 5 years ago,
both times finding it a struggle to eat gluten free.
BUT, this time my daughter found an amazing new gluten free bakery call Helmut Newcake.  I think she said they
also had gf pizza and sandwiches etc.
http://www.helmutnewcake.com/
Also, a great market that had a huge selection of gf products that we cannot get in the U.S. Elan Nature.
She brought home a whole suitcase full of GF things from that market...ciabatta rolls, baguettes, crackers,
bread, etc.  They even had the gf version of those little Nutella cups with the breadsticks.  She was in GF heaven.
Here is a link with the address:
http://www.glutenfreeroads.com/en/france/elan-nature-paris-k786187/
Eating Gluten Free in France has DEFINITELY improved over the past 3 years.