From:
Jean Jasinski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Aug 1996 13:04:23 MDT

I have a dumb baking question for your collective experience.  What
do you use for the "warm draft-free place" for dough to rise?  I've
tried using the oven set at the lowest setting and sometimes the
top of the dough cooks a little.   I've tried putting the bowl of
dough over a bigger bowl of hot water which works OK but requires my
changing the water bath to keep it hot which jostles the dough.

My only experience with letting dough rise was the "proof box" at
Dunkin' Donuts when I was sixteen and filled and frosted donuts for
a living.

Jean