From:
Bobbie Proctor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Mar 1999 11:28:52 -0500

I emailed the Stokes Pharmacy last week and just got their response:

<begin quoted response>
Bobbie Proctor wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I just heard of a proposed FDA restriction on interstate shipping of
> compounded prescription medications:
>
> FDA - Docket No. 98N-1265
>
> This proposal is further discussed on these websites:
>
> http://www.fda.gov/cder/pharmcomp/default.htm
> http://www.gpo.ucop.edu/catalog/register/thu/fr21ja99.97.txt
>
> Will this affect your ability to compound and ship special
> prescriptions, such as gluten free ones, to out-of-state customers?
>
> Concerned in Baltimore,
> Bobbi

Yes.  I need grass roots objections to this proposal.  William Milazzo
R.Ph.
<end of quoted response>

If you haven't yet sent your objections to the FDA, (Submit written
comments to the Dockets Management Branch (HFA-305), Food and Drug
Administration, 5630 Fishers Lane, rm. 1061, Rockville, MD 20852.
Requests and comments should be identified with the docket number found
in brackets in the heading of this document.)
please do so, so that Stokes Pharmacy will not be hampered in their
mailing of gf prescriptions to customers not residing in New Jersey.
Be sure to say why you are concerned about this issue and why you
need special prescription medication not available to you locally.

Comments could also be sent to your Congressional Representatives and
Senators, so that they know how much this concerns their constituents.

If you missed my first post on FDA - Docket No. 98N-1265, check out
these websites:

http://www.fda.gov/cder/pharmcomp/default.htm

http://www.gpo.ucop.edu/catalog/register/thu/fr21ja99.97.txt

Good luck and good health!