From:
DeBucket <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 May 1998 17:27:32 EDT

I have a `10 year old daughter who has been diagnosed with Celiac since 18
mos.   Now her 12 year old sister is showing growth difficulties.  Gone from
the 25% 18 months ago to the 7% in both height and weight.  She had a complete
blood workup done...checking thyroid, liver, kidneys, and also the antigliadin
blood test.  All tests have come back negative.  Now the pediatrician (who has
consulted with our pediatric gastroenterologist) wants to have blood work done
concerning IgA.  She tells me if this also comes back negative they are 99%
sure the 12 year old does not have Celiac.  Anyone with the same experience?
If this comes back negative, anyone have an approach I should try next?  The
child has a good appetite and is healthy and active....just small.  Thanks for
all of your help always....