From:
Dennis Ashuk <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Dennis Ashuk <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 23 Jan 2010 14:16:48 -0700

This is directed more towards Canadians to whom I am appealing for some assistance.

Betty Crocker currently sells Gluten Free Cake, Brownie, and Cookie mixes in the
United States.   These products are a "Product of Canada" produced in a Gluten Free
Processing Facility but not available in Canada from what I have seen or been told.
Large grocery chains cannot clearly advise why they don't stock these items and Betty
Crocker does not have an answer either.  In both these cases you can't seem to get
past Customer Service nor will they volunteer to research on your behalf.

This could be a government regulation that prevents distribution in Canada or the
government does not recognize Betty Crocker's ingredient list and claim.  To
determine whether this true or not I have emailed the Canadian Food Inspection
Agency.

This could also be a marketing strategy whereby Canadian chains don't wish to open
shelf space or feel the market is too small.

Whatever the answer those with Celiac in Canada are not being afforded the
opportunity to enjoy great products.

If anyone has any information, thoughts, or ideas as to why these Betty Crocker
products are not available in Canada I would dearly like to hear from you.  I know
there is answer somewhere and I'm determined to find it.

Dennis
Edmonton, AB