From:
Wendy Percival <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Nov 1999 19:18:57 EST

Dear List,

As many of you know, I am Elizabeth's mom.  She was diagnosed nearly 4 years
ago.  At the time of her diagnosis, my husband, my younger daughter,
Kimberly, and I were also tested (blood tests only).  Our results were
negative.  Kimberly has been complaining of a stomachache for quite some time
now, seems quite irritable (nothing conclusive there, I know), and easily
fatigued.  I have made an appointment for her to see our pediatric
gastroenterologist and be re-tested.

Here is my question:  have any of you had a negative blood test, develop
symptoms, and then test positive for celiac disease?  And what if after your
negative blood test, you develop the disease but are asymptomatic?  Should we
first degree relatives have annual tests?

I will summarize any responses.  Thank you for being such a supportive group
of people.

Wendy
Chatham, NJ