From:
Chris Hanisco <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Chris Hanisco <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Apr 2004 21:19:29 -0400

Hello everyone!

I was wondering if any of you have experienced changes in your body that you
never would have expected after going GF.... things aside from the usual
changes like normal BMs, and less brain fog, more strength & energy, etc.

When I went GF just 2 months ago, the first thing I noticed is that my skin
tingled for 3 days, as if I had applied Ben-Gay or IcyHot to it. That was my
first clue that something big was happening! Then I started noticing some
strange changes. I had a lot of hair loss before going GF, and my hair
started growing back in about 2 weeks into the diet. The new growth is now
about an inch long.

Then, believe it or not, my chest (I am a female) actually got larger - as
in bra cup size. I would have never believed it if I hadn't experienced it.
I had a baby 2 years ago (after 6 year of infertility) and I wasn't too
happy with what that left me, if you know what I mean. I was really shocked
about this.

Also, it seems like my body kind of reshaped itself in general. My thighs
got a bit thinner and more toned even though my weight is exactly the same.
Even my face has changed shape somewhat. It has filled out in the area near
my jaw line. My skin all over seems to have more color to it. I was always
anemic or close to it and now I look much healthier and less pale. I could
never wear white because it washed my out too much, and today I just bought
a white pant suit and it looks pretty decent!

My fingernails were horrible looking and they are only slightly better now.
They have a lot of ridges and white spots/streaks on them. Then again, it
has only been 2 months and fingernails grow at a rate of about 1/4 inch per
month if I remember right. Has anyone had fingernails go from bad to good
after going GF?

I have seen some changes in my son(2) as well. He has gained weight and also
has better coloring. His personality is more easy-going as well.

I am guessing that all of the changes I am experiencing are due to finally
getting the nutrients I need. I would love to hear about unusual physical
changes you have experienced and I promise to summarize them for everyone.

Christine