From:
Michael Welter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Sep 1995 12:51:11 GMT

I've had DH for over 30 years--the doctors put me on Diason in the '60s and
later Dapsone. On the GF diet, I don't have any outbreaks. Like Roy Hall, I must
take a Dapsone tablet when I get a shot of gluten--I recently had Chinese food
that was cooked in soy sauce (wheat) and had to take 100mg.

My reaction time is 24 hours or less. I have severe itching during the night
after I get the gluten and am broken out the next morning. I seems that, as
these episodes get further apart that I become more sensitive to gluten. I
recently had a reaction after eating a Caesar salad which had had a few crutons
picked out. I think the crutons contaminated the salad dressing.

We should point out to all DH patients that, whenever they take Dapsone, they
are masking the symptoms of Celiac disease--intestinal damage and all the rest.

Good luck with your diet, Roy. With such a long reaction time, you are going to
have more trouble identifying the bad stuff than I do.

Aloha.