Date:
Thu, 11 Jan 1996 21:40:17 EST

We didn't contact Red Star before trying it we just started in.  We cut down
Mike Jones basic GF bread recipe to be one pound (now we know we wouldn't have
had to but...).  It is a little tough cutting 2 eggs into 2/3 so we left 2 eggs
in and cut down the water to 1 cup.  We used the rapid mode on the machine
(mixes, rise and bakes - one rise only) with a light setting for the crust.  We
just poked the buttons and let it work.  We haven't goofed around with switching
cycles or anything.  It turned out wonderful.  Throw the stuff in, set it for
rapid and take it out when it is done.  We are anxious to try the 1 1/2 pound
loaf but for our 2 year old celiac the 1 pound lasts plenty long already.  These
are the amounts we used for a 1 pound loaf:
        1 1/2 tsp yeast
        2 cups GF flour mix
        1/3 cup non-fat dry milk
        2 tsp xantham gum
        2 tsp Sure Jell
        1/3 tsp salt
        4 tsp sugar

        1 cup water
        2/3 tsp gelatin
        2 eggs
        2 Tbsp canola oil
        2/3 tsp vinegar

Follow his directions on adding ingrediants and such and it works good.

Tim Meadows,   [log in to unmask]
Warsaw, IN