From:
Beverley Sokulsky <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Dec 1995 11:37:58 +1100

On Tue, 5 Dec 1995, Jane Ehrenfeld wrote:

> Gfgal's question prompts one of my own:  what, if any,are the
> risks of staying on the gluten free diet if you are not (biopsy)
> diagnosed with celiac disease?  If your health, energy level, etc. are
> all improved on the diet, is there any medical reason to put yourself
> through a gluten challenge?  Is there any disease that could/should be
> treated that mimics CD to the point of symptoms disappearing when
> adhering to the diet?  I, too, am not asking for medical advice just
> information on which to base a decision.  Thanks.

There are other conditions that can mimic CD and a body can feel improved
by GF diet, a friend of mine had a strange one that really surprised me!!
Her DR was all set to send her off to a GI when she begged him to double
check, it turned out that the contraceptive pill she was using caused her
to react to gluten!! They changed the pill and no more symptoms. Dr
investigated through drug company. That was the wierdest occasion I had
ever witnessed!!.
Bev
Australia<[log in to unmask]>