From:
"Connie M. Pearce" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Dec 1997 09:11:01 -0000

Many years ago my mother went to Desert Hot Springs for a cure of her
debilating allergies.  When I was a child we couldn't have the windows
open in our home or the car and that's really tough when you grow up in
Sacramento.  Anyway, she was there for one month on this cleansing diet.
The scary part was that her weight went down to 76 pounds.  My aunt had
to pick her up and get her doctor to help.  She did start gaining weight
again, which was good news.  One good thing did come out of all of this,
at least for a while, we could have the windows open.  After she was
home, we used to have one day a month that we would only consume a garlic
broth with tomatoes.  We did advise people to stay away.  Of course we
all know how good garlic is for us, that's old news.  I guess what I'm
trying to say is that a cleansing diet for awhile of OK, it may relieve
some of the symptoms, but it will not cure the disease.  Cleansing diets
do tend to clean out some of the toxins that we seem to retain in our
bodies.  People that claim that they have found a cure have only found a
way to relieve the symptoms for awhile.

Of course there are those of us that will grasp at any hope.  Beware!

Keep a positive thought,
Connie
Northern California