Date:
Wed, 30 Oct 1996 10:21:04 -0500

Well, I've been on the 2 month gf test diet since September 19.  Less than a
month to go.  As I have written in an earlier post, I've noticed that the
bloating and diarrhea have disappeared.  I'm still having problems with going
to the bathroom too frequently, though, and nausea beforehand.  I've been so
frustrated with the diet, but have started watching my gluten intake even
closer, in case I've been getting some sort of contamination, as was
suggested to me.

Now, though, I've got a new problem, and I'm wondering if this is common.
 Since I don't have the diarrhea anymore, I've found that I'm getting
constipated a bit more.  I'm not going days without a bowel movement or
anything like that, but the consistency is much firmer, and last week I had a
horrible case of hemorrhoids.  The worst part is that I started bleeding with
bowel movements one day.  The next day it didn't happen at all.  I will
definately be talking to my GI doc about it, to make sure this isn't more
serious than hemorrhoids or polyps.  But, I'm wondering if this is a common
thing when going on a gluten-free diet?  I've started to make sure that I am
drinking *plenty* of fluids.  Is there anything else I should be doing?

Thanks,

Deb