From:
Kerry Chaplin <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kerry Chaplin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 7 Nov 2010 16:36:00 -0800

I am a rabbinical student writing a paper on what constitutes a meal in
Jewish law. This affects celiacs because we are not able to eat most (if not
all) of the grains traditionally required to say certain blessings over
food, and we are, therefore, not able to fulfill certain obligations to eat
meals on holidays and Shabbat.

If anyone has studied any of these materials on what constitutes a meal in
Jewish law/tradition, or if your rabbi has told you what you can or can't do
in these matters, please let me know what you have studied/what your rabbi
told you.

When my paper is complete, I will be happy to send it to anyone who is
interested.

Thanks!

l'shalom,

Kerry Chaplin