From:
Dave Leyland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Jul 1999 20:53:12 -0400

Dear Listmates,
The few responces received so far show me that a little background info or
clarification is needed.  My wife is the celiac, diagnosed about year ago
by biopsy.  She has been totally GF since that time.  She is very carefull,
investigates everything she eats; she doesn't even believe the emails on
this list regarding GF products (no offence) she only believes something is
GF if she can get a letter from the manufacturer.  She has gained weight
back since going GF, but stomach & BM problems persist, no bloating as
before, thank God! Rice and potatoes have been staples, as I am sure it is
with every celiac - but now that colitis seems to be an additional problem,
now what should the diet consist of if it has to be both celiac and colitis
compliant?   .....David