From:
Linda Goldkrantz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Linda Goldkrantz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Dec 2012 20:53:37 -0500

I can't speak for the rest of the chain...didn't even know Brigantine Seafood was a chain, but we just visited a 4 year old grandchild in San Diego, and my son took us for a drive through Coronado Island.  While we were enjoying the view, I googled Gluten-free Coronado, CA and got more responses than expected.  The first one that came up was Brigantine Seafood, which was right near our parking space.  (Finding parking was the miracle, but it was the middle of the week, not a weekend, when the island is packed!)

They had a comprehensive gf menu....and knew the drill. Very accommodating.  Very attentive.  (Also...not cheap.)

I ordered a shrimp cocktail that was so fresh that my spouse, my son and my granddaughter blitzed through it, and we had to order a second one.

My husband (not a gf person) ordered the shrimp and crab louie salad, which happens to be on the gf menu, and I got the crab and lobster cobb salad.  They offer full and half size.  The waitress advised half size, which was more than enough for lunch.  The full size is good for sharing or for people with very large appetites.

While I didn't order anything else....other than green tea, which turned out to be gluten-free, too (on the label), the gf menu included things like crab and shrimp fondue, wok-charred ahi, gf fish and chicken tacos, sandwiches on lettuce......and creme brulee for dessert.  Quite a few other options for small plates, salads, seafood, meats, "sandwiches"...on lettuce, and tacos...

http://www.brigantine.com/brigantine_seafood/about.html
The only other locations I could find...on their site...besides Coronado, were Del Mar, Escondido, La Mesa, Point Loma, and Poway....CA.

My son and young granddaughter (also not gf) ordered other selections, and all of us were pleased with our meals....and portion size.

Whenever I travel, I don't even bother with the apps anymore.  I just google gluten-free restaurants and the name  of the town or zip code (or nearby), and I'm generally very successful.  Please do NOT suggest the available celiac apps and sites.  I have them on my ipad and iphone already, but it's just as easy to google.... Caveat...the internet isn't always up-to-date.  Google still showed a Pizzeria Uno Chicago Grill near my San Diego son, and it has long been closed.  So if you're in doubt, call ahead.  And if you're relying on apps, remember to keep them updated.

We also went to Red Robin for lunch, and a BJ's Brewhouse for another dinner.   (Oh, way too many calories this week!  Back to dieting tomorrow.)

Linda
Back in NJ