From:
Sylvia Smolorz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 Nov 1997 18:19:08 -0500

I think Elizabeth's experience with GF airline food is pretty typical. Very
often the food is very bland, and there is not much variety. But at least
for sandwiches there is an easy remedy: pack a GF roll, and use the cold
cuts that the airline provides. This also serves as insurance in case you
don't get a GF meal.

Sometimes you'll end up eating better than the other passengers! It
happened to me once, also on Delta. The snack was a palm-size pretzel, plus
a slice of cheese and one of ham. I have no idea what people were supposed
to do with that. I saw someone wrapping the cheese around the pretzel. I
didn't get a GF meal, but I think it was the fault of the travel agent, and
not Delta's. I used the cheese and ham to make a nice sandwich, using the
roll that I brought, and I saw one of the other passengers give it an
envious look...

Sylvia in Ithaca, NY, USA.