From:
Carol Lydick <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 22 Sep 2002 13:10:49 EDT

Thanks so much for all your replies.  These are some of the references that I
believe are the most relevant in relationship to CD.  Hope this is helpful to
those who wanted more information.  I have seen that predisone seems to be
the treatment recommended by one health related article, which indicates to
me it might be an immune reaction.  This adds to my belief it could be
related to CD, but not being a doctor, I am not sure.

Here is a relevant list of citations from Medline:
1:  Rostoker G, Delchier JC, Chaumette MT. Increased intestinal
intra-epithelial T lymphocytes in primary glomerulonephritis: a role of oral
tolerance breakdown in the pathophysiology of human primary
glomerulonephritides? Nephrol Dial Transplant. 2001 Mar;16(3):513-7.

2:  Woodrow G, Innes A, Boyd SM, Burden RP. R  A case of IgA nephropathy
with coeliac disease responding to a gluten-free diet. Nephrol Dial
Transplant. 1993;8(12):1382-3.

3:  Laurent J, Branellec A, Heslan JM, Rostoker G, Bruneau C, Andre C,
Intrator L, Lagrue G. An increase in circulating IgA antibodies to gliadin
in IgA mesangial glomerulonephritis.
Am J Nephrol. 1987;7(3):178-83.

4:  Scholey J, Freeman HJ. Celiac sprue-associated immune complex
glomerulonephritis.
J Clin Gastroenterol. 1986 Apr;8(2):181-3.

5:  Gaboardi F, Perletti L, Cambie M, Mihatsch MJ. Dermatitis herpetiformis
and nephrotic syndrome. Clin Nephrol. 1983 Jul;20(1):49-51.

6:  Dyck RF. Nephrotic syndrome and dermatitis herpetiformis. Lancet. 1979
Nov 24;2(8152):1139.

http://www.gluten-free.org/hoggan/nephrotic.txt

http://www.gluten-free.org/hoggan/kidneyceliac.txt

http://www.gluten-free.org/hoggan/kidney.txt