From:
Michael Coe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 15 Nov 1998 20:04:32 -0500

Does anyone have any experience with checking the composition of vegetable
oil in restaurants?

Recently, I've opted not to try several restaurant dishes that were made
with vegetable oil.  (I did not ask to see the bottle to check the source.)
But I noticed in a subsequent trip to the grocery store that ALL of the
vegetable oils I saw there were 100% soybean oil.  I'm wondering if that
might be the case in most restaurants, too.

Has anyone checked this out?  I'd like to hear about your experience on this
specific subject.  Thanks.

-- Mike
Michael E. Coe
Arlington, Virginia, USA