From:
Rita Malkin <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Rita Malkin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Jul 2008 07:17:45 -0700

Hi Listserv members:

Since I love to bake, and recently conducted a gluten free baking demonstration, I decided to contact Ghirardelli Chocolates to make certain that all my chocolate ingredients were gluten free -- even though I'd been using their chocolates for years without problem.  Though I was pleased to see that their 60% bittersweet chocolate chips were still gluten free, much to my surprise I received the following response.

Frankly, I plan on writing to Ghirardelli to protest their change to barley gluten.  I suspect it has to do with the increased cost of using corn and/or soy.