From:
Sherri T Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Jul 1998 19:36:28 -0400

I adapted a recipe from a newspaper to make these. These are really
yummy, and I have to exercise great self control to not eat them all up.
Making them is a fun activity for the kids, too.  I keep them in the
fridge. They keep at least a week. They'd probably keep a lot longer if
no one knew they were there!

No Bake Fruit & Nut Balls

2 cups mixed unsulfured dried fruit
1/2 cup nuts (pecans, almonds or walnuts)
2 TB. cocoa or carob powder
2 TB honey
4 TB gf peanut butter (or other nut butter)
finely crushed gf rice cereal

In a food processor, chop the fruit and nuts.

Mix in all other ingredients except the cereal. Process until it balls
up.

Press dough into balls about 1 inch diameter (or, whatever size or shape
you want!).

Roll into cereal to coat.

Makes about 4 dozen 1 inch balls.

Sherri Miller