From:
Dave Leyland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Jul 1999 18:06:41 -0400

Dear Listmates,
Does anyone out there suffer from both celiac and colitis?  GI doctor visit
isn't until next week, but all the symptoms fit.  We have the celiac diet
under control, but now colitis appears to also be a problem.  How do you
follow both diets?  The diet restrictions, as I understand them and I don't
know much yet, forbids complex sugars like cane sugar, lactose and
starches.  All fruits and vegetables must be well cooked; meat is ok.  The
celiac diet is somewhat challenging, but how does one blend the two diets?
I assume rice pasta is not allowed, nor are potatoes, nor rice, nor corn,
nor peas.....?????  Can anybody help, and offer solid suggestions?  What do
you do when you travel? - we had relied on rice crackers, cheese and fresh
fruit, but now what?  It seems as though there is little left to eat.  Any
help would be appreciated......David