From:
Mary Ferland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 May 2000 17:42:20 -0400

 I had several excellent responses to my request; thanks to all who responded:

Eating gluten free in Norway is not too difficult as so many people speak
English, understand CD and are knowledgable about it.

I received information about the Norwegian Celiac Society (note that the
two addresses are different):
Norsk Coeliakiforening
Arbeidersamfunnets Pl. 1
N-0181 Oslo
Tel: + 47 22994860  Fax: +4722994861

Norsk Coeliakiforening
Prinsensgt 6
N-0152 Oslo
Tel: 22 42 60 01  Fax: 22 42 60 04

e-mail them at: [log in to unmask]
web site: www.NCF.no (no English pages, but e-mail them for help)

All Norwegian dairy products are gluten free. If you buy half prepared food
there are lots of problems. Avoid products marked: hvete, bygg, rug, havre.

Special gluten free products are available in the health food stores called
"helsekost" in Norweigan.

Two restaurant chains called Dolly Dimple and Peppes have gluten free
pizza, another person mentioned eating in McDonald's.

You can get Schar products in many places, check their site www.scaer.com
(the person did not indicate what these products are).

There is a gluten free bakery in a town called Haugesund on the southwest
coast of Norway. (wouldn't that be wonderful to have one nearby)!

I hope I haven't made spelling errors. I will make corrections if the
original posters see errors. Thanks again!