From:
DIANE E WILSON <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
DIANE E WILSON <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Jan 2003 17:15:53 -0500

Hi,

I called 1-800-523-4635 to ask if ChiChi's Original Recipe Salsa is
gluten-free.
 They said it is gluten-free, however, those who are sensitive to vinegar
should not use this product.  The vinegar is distilled.  This is a Hormel
product and their website, http://www.hormel.com contains the following
statement and GF listing under frequently asked questions.  The salsa is not
listed, I guess because of the vinegar issue.

Diane
PA

Q. Do you have a listing of gluten-free products?

A. Always read labels to determine if a product meets your needs. Our products
are labeled in compliance with government regulations and we are providing
this
list as a general guideline for products which do not contain gluten in the
form of wheat, rye, oats and barley. Parents and individuals with food
allergies and/or food intolerance are responsible for reading the label of all
products they intend to use regardless of how the product is represented on
this site.

The present formulas of these products distributed in the United States do not
contain gluten in the form of wheat, rye, oats, and barley. If you have any
questions, please call our Customer Service Representatives at 1-800-523-4635.
SHELF-STABLE FOODS Not Containing Gluten
HORMEL® Bacon Bits and Pieces
DINTY MOORE® Beef or Chicken Stew
HORMEL® Chili with Beans - Regular, Chunky and Hot
HORMEL® Chunk Meats - Breast of Chicken, Chicken, Ham, and Turkey
DINTY MOORE AMERICAN CLASSICS® Beef Stew
HERB-OX® Bouillon - Beef, Chicken, Vegetable, Spicy Chicken, Garlic Chicken
KID'S KITCHEN® Beans & Wieners
HORMEL® Microwave Bean & Ham Soup
MARY KITCHEN® Hash - Corned Beef and Sausage
PELOPONNESE® Kalamata Olives and Roasted Sweet Peppers
SPAM® Luncheon Meat - Regular, Lite, Less Sodium and Smoked
SPAMTM Oven Roasted Turkey
STAGG® DOUBLE BARREL BEEF® Chili
HORMEL® Tamales - Beef and Chicken
HORMEL® Vienna Sausage
MEAT ITEMS Not Containing Gluten
HORMEL® Fully-Cooked Entrée Beef Roast Au Jus
HORMEL® Fully-Cooked Entrée Pork Roast Au Jus
HORMEL® Canadian Style Bacon
HORMEL® Fully Cooked Bacon
OLD SMOKEHOUSETM Bacon
RANGE BRAND® Bacon
RED LABELTM Bacon
VALUE BRANDTM Sliced Bacon
BLACK LABEL® Bacon
HORMEL® Microwave Bacon
BLACK LABEL® Canned Hams
HORMEL® Ham Patties
CURE 81® Ham - Bone-in, Boneless and Old Fashioned Spiral
HORMEL® Smokies
WRANGLERS® Franks
HORMEL® Beef Jerky - Regular and Low Fat
HORMEL® Pepperoni
HORMEL® PILLOW PACK® Pepperoni and Turkey Pepperoni
LITTLE SIZZLERS® Sausage Links and Patties
HORMEL® CRACKER ADD-ONS® Deli Wafers - Cooked Ham, Smoked Ham, Honey
Ham,Summer
Sausage, Smoked Turkey, Peppered Turkey, Roasted Turkey, Hard Salami,
Pepperoni, Italian Salami, Genoa. Colby & Monterey Jack Cheese, Monterey Jack
Cheese,Mozarella Cheese, Swiss Cheese, Cheddar Cheese