From:
Christina Noonan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Christina Noonan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Oct 2010 15:33:10 -0500

Hello List-servers!

Just to give a little information about me, my name is Christina Noonan. I
started a downtown chapter of the national organization the "Gluten
Intolerance Group" (aka GIG) after getting diagnosed with Celiac Disease
last year. I wanted to find others in the city that similarly shared a diet
which required avoiding gluten (and/or other foods). That being said, I've
met some amazing people and great support though our monthly meetings. Jasmine
Jafferali<http://www.examiner.com/family-health-in-chicago/jasmine-jafferali>
has
stepped up to co-lead the group, and is very knowledgeable about health,
wellness, and gluten intolerance herself. Our future meetings will be held
at the South Loop Whole Foods location (1101 S. Canal St) at 7pm on the
FIRST THURSDAY of every month. We're planning on bringing in speakers to
meetings, informal product reviews/suggestions, information about local
gluten free grocery stores and restaurants, gluten free news, and as always,
support for everyone. Personally, I've found that even just knowing others
that struggle or have struggled with avoiding difficult foods like gluten or
dairy is very comforting.

This all being said, our next meeting is *THIS THURSDAY *at the *South Loop
Whole Foods* Location, Located at Roosevelt and Canal. It's free to attend,
and is open to everyone-- whether you have a gluten intolerance or not,
family, friends, relatives, and even those just interested to know what
gluten is! There's free 90 minute parking on site, and you can pair the
meeting with your weekly shopping trip, to kill two birds with one stone :)

If you have questions about the meetings, feel free to email
me<[log in to unmask]>or
Jasmine <[log in to unmask]>! For information relating to Whole
Foods, you can also contact Julia Thomas <[log in to unmask]>, who
is our contact at the store.
Have a great week all, and thank you for your time!
Christina

--
Christina Noonan
Bachelors of Architecture Candidate