From:
Beth Hartog <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Beth Hartog <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Oct 2002 15:32:10 -0500

n response to that wonderful description of the millet bread from DeLands
bakery; I placed an order, the bread is delicious and the texture is great.
 My daughter tried it for the first time this morning, loved it, 2 slices.
2 hours later nursery school called she was vomiting. She and my husband are
the celiacs in the family and they have been GF for just over 2 years.  My
daughter has only been sick 1 time this entire time and we figured out that
we inadvertently gave her an entire roll with wheat flour by mistake and she
had the exact same reaction as today.   Do people with celiac; have a
tendency to have "gluten like" reactions to millet?  Could the bread be
mislabelled ?  Are there cross contamination issues, could there be gluten
in the processing?  Does anyone have experience with DeLand bakery( that
could answer the 2 previous questions)?  Does she have a virus?   Noone else
in the class is sick we'll see tomorrow; so far she doesn't have a fever.
By the way do any of you get fever when gluten is anadvertently ingested?
Beth in Wash,DC