From:
Greta deWolf <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Apr 1999 13:44:13 -0400

Sometime ago I posted a message asking for others to respond who had
Celiac Disease and also had kidney failure.

I received a number of responses.   One person is a diabetic and a
celiac disease with kidney failure.  She is waiting for a kidney
pancreas transplant. (kidney failure is frequent with diabetics-Type I
and Type II.)   One person had leaking kidneys.  Two persons had
relatives with kidney problems although those same relatives  did not
have Celiac Disease.  One had a friend.  From a summary someone had done
in November 1998, 2 persons were diagnosed with kidney problems before
they were diagnosed with Celiac, and 2 persons had kidney cancer after
being diagnosed with Celiac.   One person had abnormal blood factors
related to the kidneys before going on the gf diet but the laboratory
results  became normal after going on the gf diet.   From another
summary there were a number of people who had urinary incontinence
associated with lactose intolerance and/or Celiac disease.

Probably this information isn't scientific but demonstrates others with
Celiac Disease who  do have kidney problems.