From:
Pat MacPasqual <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Jan 2001 22:36:25 -0500

This is the list of responders to my query re after-diagnosis, longterm care
of celiacs. Also, good websites.

Pat

____________

Our gastroenterologist is Richard M. Rotnicki, Morris, IL.  He has been
the only doctor diagnosing celiacs in our area for several years.  He is
wonderful and his follow up is very good.

___________

Two pediatric gi doctors that we have had very good exeriences with are:

Dr. Benny Kerzner, Children's Hospital, Washington, DC

Dr. Joan Di Palma, St. Christopher's Hospital, Philadelphia

They each proved very helpful in planning for the ongoing care and moitoring
of our children's health.

____________

Re important after-care test for celiacs: here's some Shillin Test info for
you.

The S Test tracks what happens to B-12 in your body.  It radio tags the B-12.
Vitamin B-12 labeled with Co-57 is used; 0.5 mCi is given orally in capsule.
An IM injection of non-radioactive B12 is given 20 minutes later.  The
crtical organ is the liver (0.1-0.2 rad).

____________

My primary CD credential is that I have it. I have a couple of DH patients
that my derm has sent to me but can't say that I have an extensive
experience in this regard.  I have read pretty much everything written on
the subject in the last 10 years and have a couple of research ideas that
I'm moving forward with colleagues.

I do plan to become a "celiac expert" over the next few years and would
welcome referrals.  I'm a primary care physician (Family Medicine) and am
pretty much accustomed to providing a high level of attention to patients,
even those with uncommon disorders.  I'm above-average nutrition aware,
especially as regards CD.  There aren't really any "celiac experts" in
central Arkansas as far as I can tell.

David A. Nelsen, Jr., MD, MS
Department of Family & Community Medicine
Univ of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, mail slot 530
4301 West Markham
Little Rock, Arkansas 72205
501-686-6560 appointments
this email address works

_____________

Dr. John Cullen, (626) 564-8339, Pasadena, CA, nutritional/chiropractor-
family practice, interested in celiac disease.  Has referred children/adults
to Children's Hospital, Los Angeles, for free celiac blood test.  See
www.cullenclinic.com, e-mail [log in to unmask]

_____________

 http://www.csaceliacs.org/howsandwhys.html

 http://www.healthwell.com/healthnotes/Concern/Celiac_Disease.cfm

 http://www.panix.com/~donwiss/gflinks/

 http://www0.delphi.com/celiac/

 http://www.prevention.com/healing/vitamin/ail/celiac_disease/

 http://www.niddk.nih.gov/health/digest/pubs/celiac/

______________

Perhaps the following information will be of help to you.

Contact Gluten Intolerance Group (GIG) in Seattle, WA for information.

Gluten Intolerance Group
15110 10th Ave SW, Suite A
Seattle, WA 98166-1820

Telephone:  206-246-6652
Fax:        206-246-6531
Website:    www.gluten.net
Email:      [log in to unmask]    or    [log in to unmask]

Executive Director: Cynthia Kupper, C.R.D.(Certified Registered Dietitian)
(and she has Celiac Disease) is very willing to work with anyone that calls.
Cynthia also has credentials as a former C.D.E. (Certified Diabetes
Educator).